DistantLands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writable Book Mod

3 posters

Go down

Writable Book Mod Empty Writable Book Mod

Post  HKY09 Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:45 am

(URL = http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/821714-100-pinkemmas-mods-xp-book-sspsmp-tomes-sspsmp-writable-books/)

The reason I would like to have this mod installed is because I would like roleplay me writing down in journals and making research notes for the nether.

The mod can be used to write books. This will enhance the medieval roleplay on the server, by allowing a user to read an old tale that might help them in future quests, or read a journal of another evil player.
They can also be used to record (RP) knowledge in the form of Diaries and Journals, adding to the story by letting the player elaborate on what they believe they have discovered, and can be used to take quick notes of locations and such.
Thank you for reading this suggestion, all thoughts are welcome.

HKY09

Back to top Go down

Writable Book Mod Empty Re: Writable Book Mod

Post  _XxCommanderxX_ Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:56 am

Awesome Very Happy

I reckon the tomes would definitely be awesome to add to the server. There would be so many cool applications to use it on this server.
The Xp Books would be great too, but to me Xp should be more like a prestige thing that you wear for as long as you can hold on to it Wink .

_XxCommanderxX_
_XxCommanderxX_

Back to top Go down

Post  Treijim Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:53 am

this is of course a good idea. ive noticed this mod is in beta, so its still being worked on. also the bukkit site seems to be down so i cant check to see if its on bukkit.org.

im a little concerned about two things. the first is whether notch plans to add anything like this into the actual game. if he does, all existing books made using this mod may well become obsolete. also im concerned with how the data is stored, which is a technical data that panda needs to investigate.

if this mod is secure, stable, and reliable, i dont see why we cant add it.
Treijim
Treijim
Admin

https://distantlands.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Writable Book Mod Empty ..

Post  __OMG__ Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:54 am

I believe this is only for the vanilla servers and therefore won't work.

__OMG__

Back to top Go down

Post  Treijim Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:38 am

actually it requires everyone on the server to download the clientside mod as well as a serverside mod. we wont implement any plugins of this nature
Treijim
Treijim
Admin

https://distantlands.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum