DistantLands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having a Creative world

4 posters

Go down

Having a Creative world Empty Having a Creative world

Post  OKDOK. Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:22 am

I think that Treijim should make a creative world where people can go to make what ever they want. It would be good because people will get the chance to express there ideas.

If anyone likes this idea please reply.

Thanks OKDOK
OKDOK.
OKDOK.

Back to top Go down

Having a Creative world Empty Re: Having a Creative world

Post  Sharnan Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:22 am

This is an interesting and bold idea. However, there are some key things to think about here:

Having a creative world means that people essentially have twice as many things to build. In the regular world, they will come back for the quests, and to build for competitions and such, and then they will most likely visit the creative world often so that they can build whatever they like. I do not know of many members who want twice as many things to build.

Everybody would have to have two separate inventories. This means twice as much monitoring, and I am not aware of any plugin or feature that will allow this to happen. It may indeed be possible, but this means adding more plugins, which means the server takes longer to update, and there are potentially more bugs and conflicts.

The creative world would need a different set of rules, which means there are two different sets of rules to follow. I see that many struggle to follow just one set of rule, let alone having to remember which world they are in and which rules they need to abide by.

One of the reasons we only allow the people to live in one world is because of the server load. Every time somebody complains about lag, our urge to give everybody another world reduces, because it is suggestive of the server's inability to handle just a single world.

It also doubles the amount of things happening on the server, in terms of what admins need to monitor and observe. This essentially doubles their workload, because they have two worlds to keep their eyes on.

That is all I can think of right now. I am not trying to shame your idea. Rather, I am trying to enlighten you to the amount of work and effort needed to have two simoultaneous yet separate worlds running alongside on the same server. Others should feel free to input their own point of view here.
Sharnan
Sharnan
Admin

http://treijim.penscribbles.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Treijim Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:27 am

weve all discussed this in depth and for the time being we are not adding a creative world. not only do we not have the capability to do it, but we think it would have a negative social impact on the existing world. thanks for your suggestion okdok Very Happy
Treijim
Treijim
Admin

https://distantlands.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Having a Creative world Empty Another suggestion..

Post  BennyBoy579 Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:11 am

I have an idea to stop people building random stuff all over the world if we got one..
We could make people post projects on the fourms that had to be accepted to pass, then they could build there.

BennyBoy579

Back to top Go down

Post  Treijim Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:13 am

towns are projects on the server Wink not a bad idea, but we arent having a creative world
Treijim
Treijim
Admin

https://distantlands.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Having a Creative world Empty Ohh Ok

Post  OKDOK Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:06 am

yea i only said this cos i saw it on a video and the person went through a portal and came out in a creative world
But thanks tho

Thanks OKDOK Very Happy

OKDOK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down