DistantLands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competition #3 Form

+4
Conez7
Shadow64
Thrallios
Treijim
8 posters

Go down

Competition #3 Form Empty Competition #3 Form

Post  Treijim Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:09 am

This is what the competition entry form looks like:

Name of entry:
Location of entry: [at your home, at a warp, coordinates, etc.]
Size: [try to work out the length, width, and height, but if you can't then I'll do it]
Purpose: [what is it used for? purpose doesn't have to be part of Minecraft, it can be a pretend/roleplay purpose]
Style: [what style were you going for? gothic, japanese, romanesque, norman, lancet, mediterranean, pre-romanesque, etc. google terms and find what you were trying to do. the more specific you are with a style, the more points you can earn, but the harder it is to earn those points. if you are doing your own style, try to describe your architectural inspirations instead]

This is what the results forms will look like:

Name:
Size: Height x Depth x Width

These four have a possible maximum score of 100. The maximum score is determined by either your entry form or your entry. The final score obtained is determined by the judge.
Purpose: How close you are to reaching the purposes you describe.
Style: How close you are to achieving the style you describe.
Materials: More valuable materials means more maximum score, but materials used poorly means a lower final score.
Setting: The better the location is that you selected, the higher your maximum score, and the better you have worked with the location, the higher your final score.
Detail: A score out of 100 is basically a percentage of how furnished or complete the structure appears to be.

Creative: 1 point subtracted from 100 for every hour of creative spent on the entry. No points lost if no creative mode was used. If creative was used on multiple locations, half the total creative time used will affect this score.

Here's an example of an entry form and a results form with the scores explained:

Name of entry: Sparkly Palace
Location of entry: At my home
Size: 100 x 100 x 80
Purpose: Multipurpose building, mostly for royals, nobles, and meetings. It has a barracks and armoury, and temples with gardens for religious or meditative use. It's meant to show off the richness of King Bobby (adding more ambitious stuff here increases your max score)
Style: Sort of ancient Roman, but with Gothic details, kinda my own style (adding more ambitious stuff here increases your max score)

And the results:

Name: Sparkly Palace
Size: 100 x 100 x 80

Purpose: 85/95. Most of the purposes have been met fairly well but the armoury probably wouldn't support how many men the barracks holds
Style: 60/75. It looks like more of your own style than anything that stands out as Roman or Gothic, but it still has some of the feel of these styles and your style is good in itself
Materials: 45/50. Materials used are pretty common, but they are used very well.
Setting: 20/80. It's built on the side of a hill. The palace would look good on top, but building it on the side has completely limited your creativity.
Detail: 70/100. Most rooms are furnished, but there are a lot of plain/empty rooms and corners around the place.
Creative: 35 hours used.

315 points from the above 5 categories. Height + width + depth = 280. 315 + 280 x 50 = 29,750.
Out of a possible 500 (based on the total max scores) + 280 for the size x 50 = $39,000 is the maximum obtainable given the entry form, so the result is 29,750 out of 39,000.
The prize money you get paid is the result (29,750 in this case) along with the relevant percentage of other items.
$50,000 is the maximum amount of money obtainable, which requires a perfectly built thing approximately 200x200x250.
Treijim
Treijim
Admin

https://distantlands.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Competition #3 Form Empty Compettion entry

Post  Azkalvor Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:06 pm

Name of entry: Zodian Castle
Location of entry: Azkalvor's, Plasmadevilhas or Liamods home
Size: Estimated about 200x110
Purpose: Zodian Castle has many purposes, It was mainly desinged to protect the small island preventing ships from attacking nidonn city from the north. Its other purposes are to protect Azkalvor and his family, Niri Ezekiel, Malador Ezekiel and other royals. It has a barracks and armoury section of the castle where the soldiers of Dauros (Azkalvors Army) sleep and relax. There are guest quaters inside Zodian for travellors or other nobles. Zodians highest, reachable spot is the chapal. It has small shrines to all 7 gods. The Arch bishop lives at the very top of the tower where he teaches priests and inquistors the ways of the 7 gods. The big tower is a research facility that studies the 5 elements fire,water,earth,nature and teleportation. Zodian castle also has a library,stables,training room,treasure room, royal chambers and high towers and garrisons for the higher ranked soldiers within the Darous Army like paladins and champions. The outer walls are armed and protected by cannons which overlook the ocean and the mainland. All the cannons are empty but have enderchests all around the wall therefore from any direction Zodian is targetted at, it will be easier to grab ammunition and mount the cannon. The castle has a moat which is sealed in from the outer wall, This is designed so if anyone ever breaks through the walls, they have to get through water gashing out of the hole.
Style: My style is a Germanic styled roof tops and towers for my castle. I designed my own outer wall design which has buttresses all around the walls.

Azkalvor

Back to top Go down

Competition #3 Form Empty Re: Competition #3 Form

Post  Thrallios Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:54 am

Name of entry: Throndgar
Location of entry: My home (/home Thrallios)
Size: No idea, I would give a rough estimate, but it'd be completely off. Sad
Purpose: Throndgar (my towns name), helps better fortify Zodian. It lays directly in front of the single bridge to the mainland. Some of Zodian's soldiers keep a home there, where they can retire, but still be of use if we are attacked.
Style: The building style is mostly Viking like, but there are a few buildings with Asian features (Japanese/Chinese).

Thrallios

Back to top Go down

Competition #3 Form Empty shadow64 (syralith) entry

Post  Shadow64 Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:34 am

Name of Entry: Englive Fortress

Position: shadow64's home (Lankail Mountain)
Size: roughly 111 x 91

Purpose: In future we plan to build a town/city extending from the Fortress, and Englive fort will serve as a military base and the protection for the city. The fort itself is made up of: Guard house/rooms for the Englive soldiers. A main library for all enchating and scholar needs (may be replaced later). Fallback point for any alliences we will or do have . Housing for High class people. Brewing room for scholars/alchemists. Mass storage of Englive's supplies. A church for religious practices. Mainly things that will have a purpose in the future.

Style: German style building with similarities to Nueschwanstein Castle. The fort as a whole is made up of many buildings broken up (walk ways in between) with roofs, floors, and suspended walk ways conecting them. Its made manly out of stone with rich coloured, and an ever so slightly 'evil' interior (floors mainly). The battlements and outer towers and designed with a military style, which soldiers can easily defend from. looking from teh air onto the roof, it seems like roofs of different buildings poking out of the main roof. Even though the outside resembles a military fortress, on the inside it's mainly designed as a large, luxury-ish home.

Shadow64

Back to top Go down

Post  Conez7 Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Name:Lumen
Size: don't know, not home or near a computer. Usinga damn tablet to write this and it's driving me crazy

Purpose: Its a city, guess what a city does, seriously, please guess this is so gay to type on.

Style: mostly my own but inspired by Mediterranean themes

I didn't think I'd be away but I am, so my home is set somewhere crazy. Also the city is pretty plain atm, full details haven't been added. Just need money to build
Conez7
Conez7

Back to top Go down

Post  edge_raider Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:42 pm

Name of entry: Blackhill Castle
Location of entry: /home edge_raider
Size: 200 long x 150 wide x 190 high
Purpose: Blackhill is a multipurpose castle-city. There are three large shops near the entrance, two guardhouses, barracks that can support tens of thousands of warriors, a large library and learning tower, gardens, a market court, a great city hall with a reflective floor and stain-glass window, a large mess hall and large kitchen, living quarters for different kinds of ranks, a government section, a private tower, living quarters for the citizens, and other towers and rooms that are spare for now but will be used for something later. For now the city is private and self-sufficient and it's empty so it's not exactly designed for anyone to live in it yet.
Style: Blackhill is a blend of styles. It's mostly neo-gothic in style. A lot of the towers and wall styles are like Muiderslot in the Netherlands. There are also parts inspired by French castles such as Aigle Castle, mostly in the inner houses built into the walls. Overall it's european in style.
edge_raider
edge_raider

Back to top Go down

Competition #3 Form Empty Competition Entry: Barroe, Taebien

Post  Taebien Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:57 pm

Name of entry: Barroe (Capital of Zurich)
Location of entry: Use my boat warp at spawn or Taebien's home, which ever you prefer.
Size: 211x253
Purpose: Barroe is a multipurpose town in the east of Alendria. It provides port access for ships coming from the east, is huge in mining and exports vast amounts of rich iron only found in that area. It has many houses that would suffice new people migrating to my town. It features a state of the art university, markets, Large Citidal, a medium size tavern, A place for people to pray and worship to the four gods of Alendria, medium size port and a hospital that attract many people from across the "distant lands"
Style: My style is, Half-timber housing. It was type of construction of the Middle Ages in the north of Europe, used mainly for housing but some French examples date back to the 12th century. Many cottages, farmhouses, and manors in England used half-timber, but in France and Germany it was also use as dwellings (housing) My housing are all in the style of Half timber meaning it has exposed wood framing. Normally the spaces between the wooden timbers would be filled with plaster, brick, or stone but for the purpose of minecraft I used white wool as it is what I use mainly in my housing. (not completed)

Some of my other buildings such as my University are more in the style of Romanesque but at the time of building it I did not know it was going to look Romanesque so thus meaning it has my own style incorporated into it. My Citidal is "Imperial legion style" dating back over 200 years. lol! My hospital is of my own style and does not really have any outstanding features.

Taebien

Back to top Go down

Post  Varkoran Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:40 pm

Name of entry: Voraburahk Palace
Location of entry: my home
Size:380x476 (whole area)
Purpose:The purpose of the palace is to house the royal family of the Luciano's. It has no defensive purposes and will be centered in the city. It will have many purposes due the the fact that it is very large and can do hold many things. The palace contains two wings, north and south, the south wing will house the royal family mostly and contain the chapel and the royal rooms. The north wing will contain Guest rooms and rooms used for meetings, civil and military. The north wing will be mostly used for politics and the south wing will be used for the royals and will feature the essentials for them; rooms, a dining hall and other entertainment rooms. The entrance to the palace faces the setting sun and the road that the entrance is on will lead to the outer gates of the city.
Style: The main roofs have a middle eastern/Thai style. the exterior buildings have a Babylonian/ Mesopotamian. It contains many glass windows which are similar to a European style of building.

Varkoran

Back to top Go down

Competition #3 Form Empty Kastav Arena.

Post  Arthroudok Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:42 pm

Name: The Rerkath Arena
Purpose: The arenas purpose is more pve than a pvp arena even though it has not been used yet i plan on hosting major games there in the future. it also can be used as a training ground for pve/pvp.
Style: the style i chose for my arena resembles roman architecture and i have tried to match it with the shape of the Colosseum. the interior is also like the Colosseum but it is smaller so i used wooden stadium stands for a more practical look.

i would have submitted something epic but rp has directed me attention to other places. but ill be back next time with guns blazing, or...swords............. afro
Arthroudok
Arthroudok

Back to top Go down

Competition #3 Form Empty Comp Entry: Rahkan

Post  _XxCommanderxX_ Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:02 pm

Name of entry: Drezehn Castle
Location of entry: My home
Size: 123 x 123 x 80
Purpose: Drezehn Castle is to be a multi-functional castle that is able to sustain itself during periods of duress. It serves as the primary residence of Rahkan Lokael and is the main authority structure in Drezehn. The castle is to include an array of areas to provide service to the residents within, to reinforce its optional independence. Currently the castle is divided into two tiers, the lower tier (not entirely completed) will eventually run around the length of the castle and accommodate shops and service areas. The upper tier is reserved for the royalty and military, and is to include the main/generic castle, political and military areas.
Style: A moderate fantasy style, with the main architectural aspects drawn from European and Gothic castles, with the overall layout inspired from a generalised concentric castle layout. The design aesthetics and details were made to represent an otherworldly architectural style, which is seemingly based around human architecture. The overall result is a style which effectively represents the generic features of a castle, but with a sinister, otherworldly twist to the external features.
_XxCommanderxX_
_XxCommanderxX_

Back to top Go down

Post  Treijim Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:21 am

entries are closed. judging has commenced
Treijim
Treijim
Admin

https://distantlands.editboard.com

Back to top Go down