The Ghost of Red Desert

Go down

The Ghost of Red Desert

Post  Treijim on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:31 pm

Commander, Omg, Clayton, Demonicpuppy, and I were on an intensive training mission in the Red Desert. The goal was to survive for as long as possible and not leave the desert. The training was going well, but that's not what this story is about. A couple of weeks into the process, I had come up from several days of mining and decided to walk the perimeter of the desert. The rising sun greeted me as I began to patrol the desert's edges. I walked around half the sands, collecting any plantlife and useful items I could find.

By the time I had reached the far side of the desert, I realised something. I was lost, and I couldn't see any sign of the others. I went straight to the nearest hill; a small bump of sand barely five blocks high near a river. As I went to climb the hill, I saw something on top. It looked like a skeleton, or at least a skeleton's head; basically something light grey or white with a rough texture. Without a second thought I climbed up the hill, but the thing I saw was out of sight for about a second. Once I reached the top, I couldn't see any mobs. I looked around from where I stood; there wasn't really anywhere for a mob to hide. The hill was shallow and had smooth edges, and there were no cacti for mobs to die on. There was also no sign of anything dying. I thought nothing of it, and dug a small cave while the night passed. The next day, I found my way back.

Several days later, I had sourced some dungeons near the surface of the desert. Commander was on his way to help me investigate when he saw something strange. He was passing some cacti near our cave and saw something from the corner of his eye. It looked like a sheep walking across the sand. He walked around a cactus to head near it. But he paused. It wasn't there. There was nothing. There was no wool or anything dropped, no sound or sign of any damage. There was barely a cactus near enough for it to die so quickly against.

When he came to me, he told me what he had seen. I could barely believe it. He described a similar encounter to me, but it seemed he got a clearer glimpse of it than I did, if indeed it was the same entity. I strained my memory and tried to think whether what I saw could have been a sheep viewed from the front or back. It was easily plausible. I told him that I had seen something earlier and described the event to him. We were both fairly lost for words, and needless to say, a little bit freaked out. Since then, nobody has reported any signs or strange happenings, but we need to consider the possibility of Red Desert being haunted.

I also only realised later that what I saw can't have been a skeleton... they burn during the day.

Though this is in the stories section, this is an accurate description of real happenings within Minecraft; I didn't make this up! Also, our training ground is still within Red Desert. Don't touch it Smile
Treijim
Admin

View user profile http://distantlands.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Entry 2

Post  Treijim on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:54 am

I went back to the Red Desert a few days later, accompanied by Claytonmil and Omg. We located the rough area where the first two sightings occured, and realised that they were in different corners of the desert. At a guess, we thought it might appear in another corner, so we headed there. We waited for several days, keeping one another amused and trying to be patient. We began to let down our guard as we walked around a river at the foot of some small mountains within the desert.

I was heading down the sandy hill to the water. By now the ghost was not on my mind. I was just spending time with the others. As I neared the water, I observed the grass at the water's edge. For a moment, for just a small moment, I saw something right before me at the base of the hill. It looked like something white on four legs. It looked like a sheep. It was there and then it was just... gone.

At first I said nothing to my companions. We were beginning to think that the sheep wasn't real, and there was no ghost. If I told them straight away, they would think I was trying to rekindle the stories. I froze. Then, slowly, I went to the grass. My first instinct was to dismiss it as a mere trick of the eye. So, I dug under the grass. There was a small cave there. I told my companions that I saw something and that I had to go and investigate for a minute. I descended into the darkness. Skeletons and spiders swarmed towards me. Though slightly panicked, I felled them all swiftly. I fixed torches to the walls and lit up the entire cave. There was not a single sheep. I climbed out, confused and a little stunned by the bright light of the sun. There was no trace...
Treijim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ghost of Red Desert

Post  OKDOK. on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:46 am

I saw it, the ghost. I was in the Red Desert with Treijim, __OMG__, Claytonmil1997, Lucaspratt and Ethereal_Panda. I was climbing up a ladder to get to the surface when I saw somthing odd, a white figure in the distance. At first I thought it was a sheep but sheep dont spawn in the desert. I told Treiijm and we checked it out. Nothing but sand sand and more sand. It was clear to see because it was just turning day and the figure stood out in the light. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. People may call me mad but I still think there is a ghost of the Red Desert Wink
OKDOK.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Treijim on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:53 am

The only screenshot of the "ghosts" so far. It seems that there are two figures in the picture. Clearly, they are not cacti or blocks. They also do not appear to be skeletons or sheep. Rather, they seem to be human. They did not move at all and would vanish when approached. They had no visible nametags. This was taken by HKY09. There have been up to ten sightings in total, now, and many are of the white people standing on the horizon, staring at us.

Just got another shot:

Treijim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  edge_raider on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:37 pm

well, me and hky just went to the red desert. ive never seen the ghost and i dont really go into the desert even though its right next to my town. we went to where the fort is but there was nothing it was just flat sand. its like nobody was ever there. we found the way down into the old base but it was completely dark and creepy. hky stood in a room and started talking to me and a creeper came out of nowhere from a dark hole behind him and almost killed him. it was like a trap set up for us. creepers came from other holes like someone was spawning them but it was just me and him there. so i took my torches back and we left. i dont know if thats normal but im writing it up because hky told me to.
edge_raider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ITS HEROBRINE!!!

Post  TheCraftian on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:29 pm

HEROBRINE!!!

Evacuate the Red desert immediately!!!

He will get you!!!

Dont tempt fate!!!

And do not play music disc '11' !!!
TheCraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

rawr

Post  lucaspratt on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:00 am

i have not gone this far to evacuate we must find out the truth about this ghost and we must protect teh white wool and i will play disc 11 if it will bring him out of hiding

also i will release notes i have gathered soon

lucaspratt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCraftian on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:56 am

lucaspratt wrote:i have not gone this far to evacuate we must find out the truth about this ghost and we must protect teh white wool and i will play disc 11 if it will bring him out of hiding

also i will release notes i have gathered soon

It's ur funeral!!!

Good luck all the same.
TheCraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lucaspratt on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:27 am

dont tell anyone but i know where teh monks and their treasure is its in a temple in the red desert sooooooooooooooooooooooooo START DIGGING

lucaspratt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  __OMG__ on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:56 am

im going to play 11 in the desert guys, feel free to join me. im also going to play it repeatedly and i hope herobrine comes.
__OMG__

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OKDOK. on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:27 pm

Yep im also going to do that so shove that up your ass Herobrine Wink
OKDOK.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Alendria

Post  TheCraftian on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:02 am

Well, we dont have to worry about this 'ghost' nonsense anymore as I'm pretty sure the red desert does not extend onto alendria.
TheCraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Treijim on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:41 pm

people have begun to see and experience strange things though....
Treijim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LTR864 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:29 am

Treijim wrote:people have begun to see and experience strange things though....
Ghost of Sharnan?

LTR864

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCraftian on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:24 am

LTR864 wrote:
Treijim wrote:people have begun to see and experience strange things though....
Ghost of Sharnan?

here we go again...
TheCraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum