getting lag?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

getting lag?

Post  Treijim on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:25 am

i need to gather some information from you guys. as some of you know, i get really bad server lag most evenings, from about 6pm until about 11pm. does anyone else get lag specifically around this time? if so, read on.

while on the server, do a ping test. type "/ping" into the chat and count the seconds until the "pong" shows up. try to count the seconds accurately, and give a range. in other words, dont just do it once or twice. do it every half hour or so during your laggy times, and write down the range of lag you get measured in seconds. mine ranges from 5 to 60+ seconds, usually towards the higher end.

another test is to play on another american server and do the same ping test. i use mc-lc.com because i know its an american server. its just some random one i found. i still get really bad lag there. places like icant wont get the type of lag im talking about, since its based in australia and i think my lag is related to traffic from overseas servers.

if you experience all of these, please let me know and give me details. i want to fix this and want to know if others experience it too

Treijim
Admin

View user profile http://distantlands.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: getting lag?

Post  __OMG__ on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:53 am

I tried just before, on the server and got 2+ seconds. At around 8:30-9:00. mc-lc.com seems to be down and i couldn't find any american servers (believe it Surprised) So i couldn't see the lag difference.

=======================
Will edit when the server works
=======================

__OMG__

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum