DistantLands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competition Results

Go down

Competition Results Empty Competition Results

Post  Sharnan Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:49 am

CITIES
Windhelm = 71
Zerehemla = 63
Illium= 57
Banska = 41

TOWNS
Scendoria = 63
Thorodan = 49

Due to the number of city entries, there will be a Good City and Good Town reward instead of two Good Town rewards. Results are as follows:

Best City: Windhelm. $30,000. 64 diamonds. 64 gold ingots. 256 iron ingots. Conez7 is now a duke.

Best Town: Scendoria. $15,000. 32 diamonds. 32 gold ingots. 128 iron ingots.

Good City: Zerehemla. $8000. 24 diamonds. 24 gold ingots. 96 iron ingots.

Good Town: Thorodan. $8000. 16 diamonds. 16 gold ingots. 64 iron ingots.

Well done to Commander and B_rank for entering and building their cities.

Please do NOT go and cash in your gold or diamonds at the bank, as the current economy cannot currently support so many sales at once. Hold onto them for later. Prices can be collected from chests in a room in the spawn building. Simply follow the blue wool to collect your prizes. Prize money will be paid out shortly.

Please read on for details on entries.

Last edited by Sharnan on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Sharnan
Sharnan
Admin

http://treijim.penscribbles.com/

Back to top Go down

Competition Results Empty Re: Competition Results

Town/city name: Zerehemla
Owner: claytonmil1997
Size: 307x206 [CITY]

Trading town – requires markets 6/10
Markets are difficult to locate. I assume the port markets are the only stalls. Odd placement, standard stall design. Adequate.

Fishing town – requires boats and port 7/10
Port area and ships are fairly good. The ships appear to be some of the best on the server. They lack variation in wood and block types.

Royal town – requires castle 7/10
Castle looks good. Placement is ideal. Inner castle is small and somewhat lacking; it appears unfit for royalty of any kind. There is no keep.

Fortified town – requires walls 3/5
Walls look good. They appear to be relatively secure. Design is not uninteresting. Access to walkways seems a little difficult, though.

Military town – requires barracks 2/10
Could not easily locate barracks.

Mining town – requires mineshaft 7/10
Mineshaft seems adequate. Mine cart tracks are a good touch. An area outside with more tracks and mining huts, etc. would look better.

Social town – requires bathhouse/arena 4/10
N/A

Farming town – requires crops/orchards 7/10
Crops are adequate. Many crops lack storage sheds, farmer homes, groundskeeper homes, etc. Some crops seem to be in peculiar areas, such as the centre of the town. A cactus farm seems very strange; there are no deserts nearby. I like the barn. Multi-levelled crops towards the back look good, but the theme is not repeated within the town.

Scholarly town – requires library/university 8/10
University looks impressive. Exterior lacks interesting design, but scale somewhat compensates. Some interior spaces are cramped and bedroom dorms are very lacking. Aside from that, variety of rooms clearly designed for certain purposes is impressive. Probably the best structure in Zerehemla.

Religious town – requires church/temple 7/10
Church is decent. The interior is better than the exterior, mainly due to variation of blocks on the inside. Church lacks other rooms. Gold crosses display wealth and add value.

Step/stair test: Passed. 5/5

Paths and lighting: Insufficient lighting in many places; mobs spawn. Path layout is mostly logical.

Overall layout
Too much empty space, especially inside gates, either side of mansion, etc. Good house design; somewhat unique and distinct. Random chests laying about, such as near the docks. Removal of floating island was a good decision. Clearly a massive improvement from your past towns.

Overall score: 63/100
Sharnan
Sharnan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Town/city name: Scendoria
Owner: OKDOK
Size: 144x210 [TOWN]

Trading town – requires markets 4/10
N/A

Fishing town – requires boats and port 4/10
N/A

Royal town – requires castle 8/10
Castle is plain in overall shape and looks uninteresting from the outside. Size and secure appearance somewhat compensate. Gravel path to front doors is a poor choice. Basement appears incomplete. Unsure about glass floor design. Actual rooms are good, varied, decently furnished. Some rooms are empty.

Walls are good. They seem secure. Corner tower design looks awkward as towers bulge outward towards the top.

Military town – requires barracks 6/10
Only barracks that could be found are within castle. A room full of beds is sufficient but does not earn high points.

Mining town – requires mineshaft 7/10
Mineshaft is good and neat. An area outside with more tracks and mining huts, etc. would look better.

N/A

Some crops are empty. Other crops look good. They lack sheds and farmer homes, or any structures, really.

Library is small and tucked away, but it is interesting due to the genre labelling. It is sufficient.

Religious town – requires church/temple 7/10
Church is interesting. Lapis blocks as flooring seems somewhat brash. Overall structure is a little small and the roof is not centred from within. Addition of confession chamber amused me. Some other rooms would be good, for priest dwellings, storage, etc.

Paths and lighting: Paths are some of the most interesting in the land. Lighting is somewhat lacking in places.

Overall layout
Impressive main road design, with smaller roads stemming of the sides. Squareness of town is less obvious with the neat layout. Town viewed from high tower is quite appealing; overall visual impression is good. Central stone arch lacks detail and looks too tough. New house design is really good. House in far corner near snow appears to have partially burnt down. Clearly a vast improvement compared with your older structures. Your continuous learning is inspiring.

Overall score: 63/100
Sharnan
Sharnan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharnan Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:50 am

Town/city name: Banska
Owner: B_rank
Size: 268x223 [CITY]

Trading town – requires markets 2/10
Could not reach the markets via the use of any path or road. They look average from a distance.

Boat designs are good. Dock is small but decent. Lacks warehouses, cranes, or anything similar.

Royal town – requires castle 4/10
N/A

Fortified town – requires walls 4/5
Walls are interesting and clearly have thought behind them. What are they protecting?

Military town – requires barracks 4/10
N/A

Mining town – requires mineshaft 1/10
Could not locate mineshaft near any road or path.

N/A

Could not reach many farms via the use of paths or roads. Farms that could be located seem good and interesting.

Scholarly town – requires library/university 4/10
N/A

Religious town – requires church/temple 4/10
N/A

Step/stair test: FAILED. 0/5

Paths and lighting: Lytian bridge is a good touch. Paths overall are very nonsensical. I had to walk the whole way around your region, even beyond the region, to reach anything beyond the ‘The Town’. Lighting is very lacking.

Overall layout: Empty walled area is very disappointing. Apartments look strange. I could not reach many of the things I wanted to see. Great potential... poor execution. Very un-city-like.

Overall score: 41/100
Sharnan
Sharnan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharnan Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:50 am

Town/city name: Thorodan
Owner: __OMG__
Size: 214x149 [TOWN]

Trading town – requires markets 5/10
I spotted some market stalls near the water. They seemed average.

Fishing town – requires boats and port 5/10
The dock seem adequate. Boats are not present.

Royal town – requires castle 4/10
N/A

Walls are thin and seem unstable in places due to the extremely hilly terrain. Actual wall design is good and they appear effective.

Military town – requires barracks 4/10
N/A

Mining town – requires mineshaft 4/10
N/A

N/A

Crops are an interesting addition and look good from the bridges. They appear to be partially trampled. Consider repairing before submitting the town for judgement.

N/A

N/A

Paths and lighting: Town entrance was difficult to locate. Streetlights are interesting and adequate. Paths and bridges are appealing.

Overall layout
The most interesting I have seen in terms of layout and design. It is actually fun to traverse. The houses that are there are very good. I would like to see more; the town looks very incomplete and it has great potential. It would be good to use for role-playing quests.

Overall score: 49/100
Sharnan
Sharnan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharnan Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:51 am

Town/city name: Windhelm
Owner: Conez7
Size: 427x310

Trading town – requires markets 6/10
Markets are interesting; signs are somewhat amusing. It could be a lot bigger, perhaps covering the land on the opposite side of the bridge.

I would have assumed the port would be bigger in comparison with the town. A grand ship with a large harbour would set it off very well. However, what is there is interesting enough, and there are multiple features to observe and admire. A warehouse would be a good addition.

Royal town – requires castle 9/10
Locating the castle path was a little confusing. Castle entrance is grand. The main gate does not align with the inner structure. Layout is intriguing. I question the location of the stables. They may look better at the bottom of the steps. Variety and detail of the rooms is fascinating. It seems more of a palace than a castle, but this still earns sufficient royalty points. Considering its grand appearance, I would expect a longer throne room and entry hall, but these are about the only important faults.

Fortified town – requires walls 5/5
Walls are astounding, though a little excessive compared with the city within.

Military town – requires barracks 9/10
These barracks are the best I have seen. Built to a high standard. Upper floors seem somewhat improvised as opposed to planned out and structured appropriately. Overall very impressive. Courtyard is a fantastic touch.

The only mines I could locate are beneath the castle. This is disturbing more than anything.

N/A

Farming town – requires crops/orchards 10/10
The caged farm looks odd, but there is a whole farming district. I am thoroughly impressed. Farmlands look natural and appealing. I frown upon the Seed Collection room.

Library is dark and incomplete upon entering. It looks promising; scale is grandiose.

N/A

Paths and lighting: Paths are highly adequate and well-structured. All places can be reached. Lighting is good and interesting, though some roads lack illumination. The only flaw in the path structure is that there does not appear to be a main road, and I felt disoriented on several occasions.

Overall layout
Fun to explore. It looks good up close and from a distance. Bathhouse is good. More care should have been taken while filling out the form so that appropriate points could be awarded. Town hall is very impressive. Space is filled out somewhat evenly. Blank areas show promise, instead of looking like dead spots. Your hours and hours of effort show very clearly to me. The town is clean and neat, and is clearly one of sophistication and extravagance.

Overall score: 71/100
Sharnan
Sharnan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharnan Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:51 am

Town/city name: Illium
Owner: _XxCommanderxX_
Size: 168x164 [CITY]

Trading town – requires markets 4/10
N/A

Fishing town – requires boats and port 4/10
N/A

Royal town – requires castle 9/10
Very impressive, with a powerful and domineering appearance. The main hall lacks a direct entrance and the courtyard appears quite dead and empty. Perhaps a different use of flooring, such as entirely stone slabs, would suit the inner courtyard better. Colour and architectural ideas and schemes are consistent and safe. Why is the bed in the throne room? Several floors and rooms are empty. Overall design is snug and feels protected. Could not locate Duke’s quarters. Some ladders lead to nowhere.

The walls are quite squat and the gates are small, but it gives a heavy, secure impression, and is not too much of a flaw.

Military town – requires barracks 8/10
The barracks are very decent. The archery range is a good addition. Sturdy appearance with plenty of rooms and enough space. Unsure about the use of grass within.

N/A

Social town – requires bathhouse/arena 7/10
Bathhouse exterior is good, though somewhat small. Change rooms are empty. Private bath is blocked off. Actual bathing room is good and feels spacious and open, yet private. There is a pool of lava beside the bathhouse.

Farming town – requires crops/orchards 5/10
I could not reach the small farming area via the use of any paths or roads. It looks average from a distance.

N/A

N/A

Paths and lighting: Sufficient. Everything can easily be reached. Lighting is very good. Torches placed directly on the ground look tasteless. Back alleys should be darker.

Overall layout
Excessive use of stone and lack of greenery lends Illium an almost industrial appearance. Compared with Windhelm, it seems more of a city of strength and rigidity. The over symmetrical design adds to this effect, and the road leading directly from the entrance to the castle shows off the castle very well. The addition of log/plank blocks imitating chests and barrels would add a lot to the character of the city. Illium is very good at what it does, however it does not do much.

Overall score: 57/100
Sharnan
Sharnan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down